Friday, August 12, 2011

Railroad Conductor trainee?

I am thinking long and hard about changing my career. I am a certified master level Harley Davidson Technician at a dealership that has gone threw some very hard times, our company was bought out and we lost all vacation time and seniority within the new company that I had been with for 5 years, I have been selected to attend a conductor trainee course with a large railroad and have been really thinking about the pros and cons. I am married and have a 5 year old child, I know the retirement is good and helth benifits are hard to beat but life on call has its own set of challenges. I asked one of the interviewers how long it would take to pay your dues and get on a more regular shift and his answer was 12 years... Is this a scare tactic or is that the truth and any information from a currenc conductor and advice would be great. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment